A warm and special thank you to those women who submitted their video entry for the 2014 Mom Entrepreneur of the Year contest. Although we could not accept all videos received into our final top 10, even though we really wanted to, please know that each and every one of you is such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us.
If you are interested in learning how you can enter our 2015 Mom Entrepreneur of the Year contest, please read the details below.
What is a mom entrepreneur?
A mom entrepreneur is a woman of many, many hats. She gracefully juggles the needs of her business with the needs of her family. You can usually find her on a conference call while making a nutritious dinner for her family, or tucking her kiddos into bed, then heading back to her home office to finalize a proposal. She splits her time between client meetings and projects, and enjoys the freedom and flexibility of taking her children to a picnic in the park during the day.
A mom entrepreneur is a special kind of woman. She is a natural-born multi-tasker. She’s patient, works extremely well under pressure, handles her workload with ease and somehow manages to get it all done, and do it successfully, with children and a household to look after.
If this sounds like you, we want to know! Tell us about your business and why you love being a mom entrepreneur. Be original. Be creative. For instance, tell us about your typical day. What motivates and inspires you? How did you get to this point in your life right now? What obstacles have you overcome? How do you give back to your local community? Who are your proudest supporters? What legacy do you want to leave behind? In the next five to ten years, where will your business take you?
You never know who is watching and being inspired by your story to take action and reach for their
dreams. Your video helps others know that nothing is ever impossible.
- Video entries must be received no later than March 1, 2015.
- You must have your video entry recorded professionaly to ensure the resolution of your video is of the highest quality to view on screen during the awards ceremony. Video formats accepted are .mov and .mp4 files.
- You must be a mom no matter what age your children are. First-time, pregnant women entrepreneurs are encouraged to attend the event and apply for the contest next year.
- You must be an entrepreneur and own a business. If you are an independent consultant for direct sales organizations like Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, SendOut Cards, etc., you are eligible to enter.
- Your video must include your name, company name and be two to three minutes in length max. Videos that are longer than three minutes will be disqualified.
- You MUST be present at the event in May 2015 imto be eligible for the award if you are named a top 10 finalist of you will forfeit your chance at the title.
- You allow Details Event Management, LLC and/or The Mom-e Club to use your photos/video for promotional/marketing purposes on the Mom Entrepreneur Celebration web site and other affiliate/media sites including television stations.
- You are comfortable and willing to make TV appearances or be interviewed by media outlets if named a finalist.
Please email your entry to email@example.com, mail or hand deliver your DVD, contact information (name, business name, email, address and phone number)and family/individual photo on CD no later than March 1, 2015 to The Mom-e Club Attn: Mom Entrepreneur of the Year, 3591 S. Tatum Lane, Gilbert, AZ 85297 to be considered. We will announce our finalists no later than March 30th after all entries are received. Once the videos are uploaded to The Mom-e Club 2015 finalists' page, the general public will decide who our 2015 Mom Entrepreneur of the Year is through a voting process until April 25th. The winner will be announced at our 2015 Mom Entrepreneur Celebration awards ceremony at our 6th Annual Mom Entrepreneur Celebration held in Anaheim, California. Details to be announced soon. Please note, once received, materials become the property of The Mom-e Club and will not be returned.
Best of luck! We look forward to meeting you and hearing your story and sharing it with so many othere!